Subject: tetex maintainer take note (was Re: setup.hint coreutils editing (was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-5.2.1-3))
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:08:05 -0500

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 09:18:18PM -0500, Steve Munson wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:45:07 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Yes, good point.  I've swept through the setup.hints, changed all of the
>> fileutils|sh-utils|textutils to 'coreutils', and removed duplicates.
>> ...
>> AFAICT, my list coincided with yours so everything should be up-to-date
>> now.
>
>Actually, tetex-bin still lists fileutils, sh-utils, and textutils in 
>its "requires:" line, at least on mirrors.rcn.net and sigunix.cwru.edu. 
>I was wondering why setup.exe still wanted to install the removed 
>packages, and then I found this old thread about it.

It seems like that's because this setup.hint was "updated" after I made
the change.

I've nuked the offending items.

Thanks for the heads up.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/