Subject: Re: Help! Need B.20.1 src
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:17:44 -0800

John Mellor wrote:

> Correct me if I'm mistaken, but if I'm going to make a few dollars off
> of a non-free something that links in an open source library, I need to
> provide the source for the open-source parts with the product, or fall
> afoul of the LGPL.  So, to make everybody happy, I believe that all I
> need to add, is to provide the source for cygwin1.dll to the Customer.

I don't know if the ancient Bxx series was LGPL, but the current Cygwin
source is GPL which means you must provide not only the Cygwin DLL
source but also all the source of your app that links to it.

There is a mailing list to discuss this: cygwin-licensing at cygwin dot
com.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/