Subject: Re: Sharing zsh history in cygwin.
From: Hannu Koivisto <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:22:45 +0200

Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Anyone managed to share command line history between running zsh's in
> latest cygwin's?

I don't use SHARE_HISTORY (just inc_append_history,
hist_ignore_all_dups, hist_no_store and my history sizes are 100
times larger than yours), but...

> setopt HISTIGNOREDUPS HISTIGNORESPACE EXTENDED_HISTORY 
> setopt INC_APPEND_HISTORY SHARE_HISTORY 
> HISTSIZE=300
> SAVEHIST=300
> HISTFILE=~/.history  
>
> The last line, HISTFILE, freezes the cygwin-distributed zsh
> (4.2.0) just after reading the config-files. Removing just that line

...after some cygwin update (a few months ago) my zshs also started
freezing during startup.  I tracked the problem down to HISTFILE
being assigned a file that resides on a network drive (a Linux
samba share in this case, I didn't try anything else).  If I
changed my history file to reside on a local hard drive, zsh no
longer froze.  Is your home directory on a local drive?

-- 
Hannu

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/