Subject: Repeated installation of gcc-testsuite and setup .src files
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:54:15 -0000

Even when a Cygwin installation is complete and up-to-date, a visit to the
Cygwin setup site to request "All" available updates repeatedly offers the
source files

	gcc-testsuite-3.3.3-3-src.tar.bz2
	setup-2.427-1-src.tar.bz2

I think I understand that the reason for the repeated offering is
"consistency with other Unix behaviours" which is just fine. (One can always
say No.)

However: in the case of setup, should we not now be offered

	setup-2.457.2-1-src.tar.bz2

(or similar)? And secondly I do not really understand why what actually
comes down the pipeline for gcc-testsuite is

	gcc-testsuite-3.4.1-1-src.tar.bz2

(though there may be a good reason for this, too).

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/