Subject: Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 23:48:41 -0800

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:28:26PM -0500, "Jon A. Lambert" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >I made no effort to find Cygwinized profanity.  I stumbled across a
> >program named "fortune" one day, which I was told printed out corny
> >sayings etc, and installed it.  Then I forgot about it.  Then, some
> >time later, I was told that what I thought was a program written with
> >"good clean fun" in mind was in fact loaded with enough potty mouth
> >to make even *me* blush.
> 
> There's a lot of mispellings in there too.  Should I post patches here for 
> the maintainer to fix up or pass up the chain to fix?
> 
> It's just a rhetorical question. :-)

The version I'm working on has differences, including a number of
spelling/grammar fixes, so hold off for now.

Not sure there is an "up the chain"; old bsd stuff seems to be
well and truly forked.

:)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/