Subject: Re: fortune maintainer wanted and question for Corinna (was Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.)
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:40:16 -0800

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:26:08PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 02:36:53PM +1100, [email-masked] wrote:
> >Not sure if the highly obscene limericks (/usr/share/fortune/limerick)
> >are meant to be in the cygwin distro...
> 
> Wow.  I think I vaguely recall that something like this was in fortune
> but, if I thought it was a good idea a couple of years ago, I have
> obviously grown more prudish since then.
> 
> AFAICT, our fortune maintainer is long gone so I guess we're looking for
> a volunteer who would like to take up this package.  I don't know about
> Corinna but I don't like having this type of thing in the distribution.
> 
> Corinna, you originally released this.  Where did you find it?  Did you
> just package it up directly from a BSD distribution?

Reading /usr/doc/fortune-1.8/Notes and /usr/doc/fortune-1.8/README
would imply that limericks should be limericks-o (and rot13'd).
Then it will only be actually accessed if you use fortune -a or 
fortune -o.

I'd be willing to maintain it, but haven't maintained a package before
or even read the information about how to, so it would take me a little
bit to release a new version.

I too would be interested in knowing where the package came from.  It
doesn't seem to say anywhere (except that the Notes and README have NetBSD
rcs tags).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/