Subject: Re: Cygrunsrv and other random Cygwin apps, 100% CPU
From: "Steven E. Harris" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:35:32 -0800

Chris Wilson <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I run random Windows applications, Cygrunsrv.exe starts
> consuming almost all the CPU.

Yes, I saw the same thing last night, after having updated my Cygwin
installation over the weekend. In my case I was toying around with
Exact Audio Copy, with bash, XEmacs, and a cygrunsrv-hosted exim
instance running but more or less idle.

Did you notice that csrss.exe was also eating a lot of CPU time? Once
I stopped all my Cygwin-related processes, csrss.exe calmed back down
and all was well.

-- 
Steven E. Harris

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/