Subject: Re: Negative
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: Rodrigo de Salvo Braz <[email-masked]>, Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vladimir Levijev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:32:54 -0500

At 09:03 PM 1/4/2005, you wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Larry Hall wrote:
>
>> Well, negative or positive, we cannot change how anyone responds to posts
>> on this list nor can we change how people interpret those responses.  As
>> a result, I don't see much point in lots of "me too"s along this line,
>
>The point would be to bring this to the attention of the people being
>negative. By seeing that not just one person feels like that, people may
>decide to stop and think whether their ways are constructive. Hopefully
>this would effect a change for the better.

In that case, it would be better to direct comments at an individual or 
individuals specifically.  Making general references implies that there's 
some kind of general problem with a general solution.  Addressing a concern
directly means one deals with any perceived infraction at the time it occurs
and with the person or people with whom one finds fault, making it plain
where one feels the problem is.  That may be productive.  It may not.  But 
at least everyone is then clear on what the issue is.  Important things are 
better not left to chance.  Hm, is that a generality? ;-)

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/