Subject: Re: cygwin reboots my PC randomly
From: "Marc J" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:21:03 -0500

I am not getting BSOD.

Checked the event log:
dec 25 108am Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000d4
(0xbad0b0e4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x8006543a). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini122504-01.dmp.

Error previous to it was 2 days prior

Was trying to access DVD drive via cygwin script, to build pic index:
twice DVD errors in event log may have caused the reboots.

Oct 4/04 241am Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000050
(0xbad0b158, 0x00000000, 0x8044ff5e,
0x00000000). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini100404-04.dmp.

235am - atapi - DVD drive
The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort1, did not respond within the timeout period.

Oct 4/04 151am Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0xbad0b0e4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x8006543a). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini100404-03.dmp.

Oct 4/04 142am Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0xbad0b0e4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x8006543a). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini100404-02.dmp.

Oct 4/04 1214am Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0xbad0b0e4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x8006543a). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini100404-01.dmp.

Oct 3/04 715am - atapi - DVD drive
The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort1, did not respond within the timeout period.

sept 28/04 456pm Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000050
(0xbad0b158, 0x00000000, 0x8044ff5e,
0x00000003). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini092804-02.dmp.

sept 28/04 429pm Source Save Dump, event 1001
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a
(0xbad0b0e4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x8006543a). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in:
C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini092804-01.dmp.

I installed the latest video card driver today.

Ran some hw diags:
The most serious error it reports is critical.

ran hw tests.
5 serious video memory corruption errors. skipped dvd test

ran it again:
1 serious video memory corruption errors, 1 serious DVD error.

dec 29/04
install the updated video driver, reboot

ran it again,
2 serious video memory corruption errors

ran it again,
1 serious video memory corruption errors

I don't have any really good hw diags to confirm my video card may have some
serious hw problems.
I am running cygwin to see it the prob will re-occur after updating the
video drivers. Hasn't yet.

M

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/