Subject: Re: cygwin reboots my PC randomly
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:42:23 -0800

Brian Bruns wrote:

> > Unless you have a cron job that runs "shutdown -r" or "reboot" :-),
> > Brian's reply pretty much explains it...
> > Igor
> 
> A suggestion too - if you have mysterious reboots, turn off
> "Automatically reboot" in the System control panel, under the Advanced
> tab, and click the Startup and Recovery button.  That way, you
> actually see the blue screen with the information that caused the
> BSOD.
> 
> Otherwise, check the Event Logs, but I've seen times where crashes
> were not properly recorded in the event logs.  So, turn off auto
> reboot may be the best option.

And, if he is actually getting a BSOD and not just a spontaneous reboot,
then he should look up the STOP error code displayed on this page to
start to narrow down the cause: <http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php>

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/