Subject: Re: gcc installation problem and solution
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:08:45 +0100

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 06:56:32PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> 
>>There are two kinds of symlinks, Windows style (with .lnk ending)
>>and pure Cygwin symlinks, binutils obviously contains Cygwin stlye
>>symlinks.
> 
> 
> setup.exe only creates pure cygwin symlinks.  I suspect that the

So symlinks included in the tarball are not simply restored in the
same style they were generated / tarred?  Interesting.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/