Subject: run.exe fails to run my application
From: george young <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:56:38 -0500

[cygwin X-startup-scripts-1.0.10-2]

I can not get run.exe to run my application.  The app runs ok directly
from the DOS prompt(with the annoying dos box).  It runs from the cygwin
prompt.  But put 'run' in front of the command and I get an error dialog
popup: 

Run.exe
   Error: could not start E:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\xapp.py

"Run" fails the same invoked from either the cygwin or dos prompt.

Run works fine with xterm.

The app's directory is in the system path.  Same failure happens
whether invoked with full path or just the app name.  (assoc and ftype
have been twiddled to get the python script xapp.py run by 
/usr/bin/python2.4)

When I do "run xapp.py" the error message contains the full pathname,
so it is *finding* the executable.  The error message is different if
I give it a non-existant file name.

What could cause this?  How can I debug this problem?

Does run keep a cache of executable names/paths somewhere that I might
need to flush?

-- George
-- 
"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/