Subject: Re: Cygwin package management
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:08:01 +0100

Larry Hall writes:

> You left out of your simple description the postinstall (and
> preremove) scripts.  That's not to say that someone can't make
> scripts to perform the equivalent of what 'setup.exe' does or that
> your python scripts don't already.

Yes, I forgot.  I only added /etc/postinstall to cyg-apt when I learnt
that people were actually using it on Cygwin; running those on my
cygwin tree on linux does not work.

> It is worthwhile noting that this list doesn't support home-
> grown install scripts.  One should feel free to develop these but please
> don't expect us to debug'em. :-)

Of course.  Otoh, providing a unix environment and then expecting
people to resistancelessly accept a setup.exe gui to do package
management is asking for trouble ;-)

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/