Subject: Re: Cygwin package management
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:38:18 +0100

Michel Van den Bergh writes:

> I am sorry for being ignorant but setup.exe is a GUI program isn't it?
> I was looking for a simple command line tool like rpm that is
> executable from a script.

Cygwin package management is quite simple, it's just setup.ini with
dependencies pointing to tarballs, and an installed file database. I
hacked a simple python script to query isnstalled packages and handle
dependencies

    http://lilypond.org/~janneke/software/cyg-apt

Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/