Subject: RE: Visual Studio linking
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: "Daniel Starin" <[email-masked]>, "'Cygwin List'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:15:55 -0500

At 04:36 PM 12/17/2004, you wrote:
>So, I realized I had the compile option "Use Managed Extensions" on in VS
>.NET and that was causing the problem.  

Really.  That was it?  Well, that's pretty non-intuitive.  Nice job finding 
that.

>Now that I can include the libs in
>my project, are there any header files that I can include from Visual Studio
>to use them?...

I doubt it.  Cygwin provides POSIX APIs that VS doesn't so the mere existence
of Cygwin indicates that there's not going to be such an overlap.  Also, 
Cygwin's header files are it's own.  It's not a big surprise that they 
contain specific info that's not understood by VS.  The reverse is also 
true.  You'll need to build your own set of function declarations and 
needed symbols, etc.

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/