Subject: Re: perl 5.8.6
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:50:01 +0100

Many thanks,

just FYI, I'm back at Thursday or Friday and will prepare the 5.8.6
release then for the following weekend.

Gerrit

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 11:30:53AM -0800, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> 
>>Gerrit, I've hoped to have some time to work on Win32:: stuff on the
>>perl side, but haven't gotten around to it.  For 5.8.6, could you give
>>a try to including the Win32CORE module from the perl-libwin32 package
>>as a static extension and the Win32 module as a dynamic extension (and
>>bootstrap Win32CORE in cygwin.c)?  If it works, that would make cygwin
>>have equivalent to what's in win32 perl.
> 
> 
> Here's the Win32CORE part.  I'd really like to see the builtin Win32::
> functions be available in the cygwin perl, and this seems the easiest
> way to do it for just a cygwin release, but in the longer term I'm
> really hoping to get the equivalent (only newer now) code in from the
> regular win32 perl build shared between win32 and cygwin by the time
> 5.8.7 is ready.  AIUI cutoff for that will be February 1st.
> 
> This patch should apply to the perl-5.8.6 source, and the tarball has
> the new files for the Win32CORE extension.  Those are taken verbatim
> from the perl-libwin32 package, except that I added a "no warnings
> "redefine"' to the Win32CORE.pm so those who use it don't get warnings.
> I didn't make it just a no-op in case there are people sharing modules
> between different versions of perl.

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/