Subject: Re: find prints wrong file size for files >2GB
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 03:11:21 -0800

Jacek Trzmiel wrote:

> $ ls -l aaa
> -rw-r--r--    1 sc0rp    None     4700000000 Dec  6 10:54 aaa
> 
> $ find ./aaa -printf "%10s  %p\n"
>  405032704  ./aaa

GNU findutils does have largefile support as of 4.1.5.  See
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-findutils/2004-07/msg00012.html>. 
There is a configure test to see if off_t can represent a 64 bit value,
which should set the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS define correctly.

However, the timestamp on Cygwin's findutils package is 19-May-2002,
which was before Cygwin 1.5.0 was released (10-Jul-2003), which was the
first version to include 64bit file io support.  Thus it may just be
that findutils needs to be rebuilt with a recent cygwin1.dll to enable
this support in the code.  It may even be a good idea to refresh the
package to the current upstream which appears to be 4.2.9 at
<ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/findutils/>.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/