Subject: sed: altered results in bash and cmd
From: fergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 10:22:19 +0000

To delete all lines beginning with a <space> in a text file, this
command (a) seems correctly composed and (b) works:

	sed '/^ .*$/d' filename

but if I use it in a cmd window, the result is that all lines
_containing_ a space are deleted, not just those beginning with a space.

In general, and assuming PATHs etc correctly set, should not Cygwin
command lines work identically in bash and cmd windows? Is this a
problem with sed, with (my) command line syntax above, or with my
understanding of what should work when?

XP Pro SP2. Thank you.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/