Subject: Re: Compiling a DLL
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:32:26 -0800

"BARTHEL, MATTIAS" wrote:

> What are the procedures for compiling a DLL without using the Cygwin
> DLL?

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC94

In short: if you want to use Cygwin's posix emulation layer then you
will be linking to cygwin1.dll and your program will be GPL[1].  There's
no way to statically compile an app that still uses the emulation layer
but doesn't depend on the DLL.  You can compile a mingw app of course
with the -mno-cygwin switch, but the amount of unix-like functionalty
that's supported is very much a subset of what you get with Cygwin.  If
this is what you want then you need to ask your question on the mingw
list.

Brian

[1] Unless you pay Redhat for their commercial license.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/