Subject: Re: SEDT (VMS EDT-like editor) under Cygwin ?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 01:09:02 +0100

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 12:35:53AM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> 
>>Jim McCarthy wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry, no patchfile, but ...
>>>
>>>1) Edit sedt.c and change all 'stricmp' to 'sedt_stricmp' to avoid
>>>  conflict with 'stricmp' declaration in /usr/include/string.h
>>>
>>>2) In comd.c, add #include <errno.h> before line #include "proto.h"
>>>
>>>With these changes, build should result in a functional sedt.exe
>>>file.
>>
>>Well, not really, I found two more issues:
>>
>>diff -urd sedt/term.c sedt-0.0/term.c
>>--- sedt/term.c	1994-08-28 20:51:34.000000000 +0200
>>+++ sedt-0.0/term.c	2004-11-28 23:17:21.615971200 +0100
>>@@ -747,7 +747,7 @@
>>  }
>>  _exit(1);
>> }
>>-#if !defined(SCO) & !defined(HPUX)
>>+#if !defined(SCO) & !defined(HPUX) & !defined(__CYGWIN__)
>> if (ioctl(0,TIOCGWINSZ,&ws)!=-1&&ws.ws_row!=0&&ws.ws_col!=0)
> 
> 
> Why is this?  TIOCGWINSZ is defined for cygwin.

I got an error at this line:
ccache gcc -O -DANSIC -DUNIX -DTERMCAP -DLINUX   -c -o term.o term.c
term.c: In function `Set_Terminal':
term.c:751: error: `TIOCGWINSZ' undeclared (first use in this function)
term.c:751: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
term.c:751: error: for each function it appears in.)
term.c:751: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
term.c:751: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
term.c:752: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
term.c:753: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
make: *** [term.o] Error 1

When I include sys/termios.h I get this:
$ make
ccache gcc -O -DANSIC -DUNIX -DTERMCAP -DLINUX   -c -o term.o term.c
term.c: In function `Set_Terminal':
term.c:754: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
term.c:754: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
term.c:755: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
term.c:756: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct winsize'
make: *** [term.o] Error 1

Even if I patch vars.c to include sys/termios.h so that the part
with 'struct winsize ws' compiles, I get the second error.

Gerit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/