Subject: Re: cross-compiling with ncurses
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:47:07 -0800

Jose Arcangel Salazar Delgado wrote:

> I have a problem, i'm using gcc included in cygwin to compile a
> ncurses aplication. The problem its that I need the installation of
> cygwin to run the application. Its any way to compile a .exe that dont
> need all the cygwin install (at least only a few libs) and run in
> windows.

No, that is not possible.  You must distribute cygwin1.dll with your
application if your application is a Cygwin application, there is no way
to statically link it in.  And doing so means you must release your app
under the terms of the GPL, including making available both the source
for your app and the source for the DLL.  (Pointing people to cygwin.com
is not sufficient.)  You can also purchase a commercial license for the
DLL since it's dual-licensed.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/