Subject: fetchmail & procmail / mail lost?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:24:08 +0100

Hello,

I am running fetchmail without problems for years now.

Recently I installed procmail at the server where fetchmail is running
and after this installation the server was rebooted yesterday for the
first time.  Now I saw that all my mails which were fetched since this
reboot yesterday have not arrived my inbox, usually it retrieves the
mail via POP3 from a mailbox and delivers it locally to my MTA which
stores it for further provessing by me.

Now after fetchmail was restarted it found that procmail is avaiable,
tried to call it which fails since it was not configured, flushed
(deleted the mail at the mailbox where it fetches from) and then ...,
what happens next?.

Where is my mail now?  fetchmail didn't try to deliver to my MTA as
procmail returns with error.

Which 'special' configuration flag do I need to use to force fecthmail
to ignore procmail if present?  Why is the mail flushed even if delivery
failed?  Where is the mail stored when delivery fails?

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/