Subject: Re: pax available?
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: "Chuck" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:12:39 -0500

At 12:06 PM 11/22/2004, you wrote

>----- Original Message ----- 
>From: "Igor Pechtchanski" <[email-masked]>
>To: "Chuck" <[email-masked]>
>Cc: <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 4:17 PM
>Subject: Re: pax available?
>

Again, don't feed the spammers.
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/PCYMTNQREAIYR>

<snip>

>That's not really going to help me. It'll rename one file at a time,
>interactively.  I want to rename all files in the archive in as they are
>extracted. For example, replace all occurences of string subdir1 with
>subdir2. That's one of the things pax does but none of the other archivers
>can do. I also want compatibility with pax archives coming from a Sun
>system. What I really want is pax.
>
>Someone else (Reini) pointed me to the gnu archives for the paxutils package
>but I did not have success compiling it for cygwin. I followed all the
>instructions but did not get a pax.exe executable. The "make" fails to make
>target "pax" saying it can't resolve a link to some external reference named
>"errno".
>
>$ make pax
>gcc  -g -O2  -o pax  pax.o cdf.o copyin.o copyout.o copypass.o defer.o
>fmtcpio.o fmttar.o format.o getfile.o global.o rename.o util.o rtapelib.o
>../lib/libpu.a
>../lib/libpu.a(makepath.o)(.text+0xbd): In function `make_path':
>/usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib/makepath.c:384: undefined reference to `_errno'
>../lib/libpu.a(makepath.o)(.text+0xec):/usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib/makepath.c
>:379: undefined reference to `_errno'
>../lib/libpu.a(makepath.o)(.text+0x2db):/usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib/makepath.
>c:283: undefined reference to `_errno'
>../lib/libpu.a(makepath.o)(.text+0x347):/usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib/makepath.
>c:262: undefined reference to `_errno'
>../lib/libpu.a(makepath.o)(.text+0x531):/usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib/makepath.
>c:347: undefined reference to `_errno'
>../lib/libpu.a(makepath.o)(.text+0x5b3):/usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib/makepath.
>c:332: more undefined references to `_errno' follow
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [pax] Error 1
>$

I haven't looked at the source but perhaps all you need is to add 
'#include <errno.h>'?

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/