Subject: Re: Clapack on Cygwin revisited
From: Mark Paulus <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:40:10 -0700

Sounds like you might need a -L option

gcc -o testclapack testclapack.c -L<dir to library> lapack.a -cblaswr -lblas.a tmglib.a -latlas -lg2c

You can stack multiple -L options, one per directory (no space after the -L), 
the same as the -I options.

also,
the -l<libname> is a special convention that ONLY works when the libraries 
have a physical name of lib<libname>.<a|so>.  For instance
-lmath means that somewhere in a known location there is a file called
libmath.a or libmath.so.  So, since the clapack libraries don't follow that
convention, you can't use the -l shortcut.  You have to give it the full name.

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:29:46 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:

>Hi everyone.

>My troubles with getting clapack to work on cygwin continue unfortunately. In
>particular, I completed a first run of all the suggested actions in the
>readme.install file (found on the clapack website) with some error 139's during
>that rather painful 16hour! long process.

>I downloaded a test programme from the clapack website (if it could be helpful I
>can attach it next time), saved it under the name of testclapack.c and tried to
>compile it. It seemed as if finding out how to compile a programme using
>clapack was really tough.

>Nonetheless, after several attepts I tried a couple
>of compilation commands with the likes of: gcc testclapack.c -llapack,
>gcc testclapack.c -llapack -lcblaswr -lcblas -latlas -lg2c (and any permutation
>of the options (=5! I guess..:p)) and always I was getting a:

>/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/kele/LOCALS~1/Temp/cccMzcp0.o(.text+0x152):testclapack.c:
>undefined reference to '_dgesvd_' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.

>The dgesvd_ is a function (the only clapack function) in the testclapack.c
>programme.

>I have installed atlas (actually I did that before installing clapack) and have
>put in the test programme the appropriate #include's (actually I #included all
>the *.h files I could find on /clapack...)

>Are there any ideas as to how I can compile a programme linking to a clapack
>routine?

>I would be grateful of your help.

>thanks,

>kele

>----------------------------------------------------------------
>This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

>--
>Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/