Subject: Clapack on Cygwin revisited
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:29:46 +0200

Hi everyone.

My troubles with getting clapack to work on cygwin continue unfortunately. In
particular, I completed a first run of all the suggested actions in the
readme.install file (found on the clapack website) with some error 139's during
that rather painful 16hour! long process.

I downloaded a test programme from the clapack website (if it could be helpful I
can attach it next time), saved it under the name of testclapack.c and tried to
compile it. It seemed as if finding out how to compile a programme using
clapack was really tough.

Nonetheless, after several attepts I tried a couple
of compilation commands with the likes of: gcc testclapack.c -llapack,
gcc testclapack.c -llapack -lcblaswr -lcblas -latlas -lg2c (and any permutation
of the options (=5! I guess..:p)) and always I was getting a:

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/kele/LOCALS~1/Temp/cccMzcp0.o(.text+0x152):testclapack.c:
undefined reference to '_dgesvd_' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.

The dgesvd_ is a function (the only clapack function) in the testclapack.c
programme.

I have installed atlas (actually I did that before installing clapack) and have
put in the test programme the appropriate #include's (actually I #included all
the *.h files I could find on /clapack...)

Are there any ideas as to how I can compile a programme linking to a clapack
routine?

I would be grateful of your help.

thanks,

kele

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/