Subject: Re: g++ 3.4.1
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Tim Prince <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:45:02 -0500

> * Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> [2004-11-17 10:24:21 -0500]:
>
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 09:58:47AM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
>>when I use setup to upgrade, I still get gcc 3.3.3.
>>when I try clicking "New" to get 3.4.1, "gcc-core" keeps jumping to
>>"Keep".
>>
>>when will 3.4 become the default version?
>
> Sometime within the next year.

good, thanks.
who makes the decision?
what is the decision based on?

I am so used to cygwin being more up-to-date than Fedora that I am
surprised that FC3 comes with gcc 3.4 and Cygwin does not.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Lisp: its not just for geniuses anymore.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/