Subject: new Cygwin has memory problems?
From: Lester Ingber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:26:05 -0800

I was wrong in assuming this was a cygwin base problem.  It must be a
cygwin-xfree problem.  I have no problems I can see in a cygwin console
window, only in an xterm (or rxvt) window running under
XWin -unixkill -emulate3buttons -clipboard -multiwindow -silent-dup-error &

Lester

      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
I cannot determine why, but with the new Cygwin base I just installed,
a utility I have used for quite a few years, dired
[http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/software/file-tools.html#dired], now
freezes my window.  A `top` shows that CPU usage quickly climbs to
maximum values.

I have to guess that other utilities will have similar problems.

Thanks.

Lester

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/