Subject: Re: howto register process
From: Kamen TOMOV <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Nov 2004 20:37:00 +0200

On Thu, Nov 11 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 08:24:30PM +0200, Kamen TOMOV wrote:
> >Thanks Dave. The thing is that the child processes get forked with
> >a fork() invocation. What's more not only the child pids are
> >invisible to cygwin, but also their parent is invisible. That is
> >why I'm wondering isn't there a way to make them part of the
> >processes that are visible by cygwin. My purpose is - to be able to
> >kill them with kill() and to use the signal system.
> 
> Cygwin processes created with fork() and/or exec() can, of course,
> use cygwin signals and do show up in the process table.
> 
> The Cygwin distribution wouldn't operate if this was not true.
> 
> You need to provide a test case showing what you are trying to do,
> i.e., http://cygwin.com/problems.html .

The parent process is started as a windows server. Then it executes
cygwin's fork. When I try to kill any of these with kill() it returns
"No such pid".

Regards,
-- 
Kamen TOMOV

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/