Subject: howto register process
From: Kamen TOMOV <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Nov 2004 13:00:37 +0200

Hi,

I have an application that is created to work on Unix but it is
supposed to run on Windows as well. The problem is that we have a
daemon that spawns a few children and later it needs to kill them. The
parent process is supposed to communicate with its children by signals
and to eventually terminate them. I would like to use kill(pid,
signal) to kill the processes because they rely on the signals
mechanizm. 

The problem is that kill returns "not such pid". Is there a way to
register a process in the cygwin process table so that later be able
to kill it with kill()? TIA.

Regards,
-- 
Kamen TOMOV
UNIX Software Engineer

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/