Subject: Re: rebaseall crashes
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:31:24 -0800

Ulrich Voss wrote:

> I can't use XML::LibXML Perl module under cygwin, cause it needs libxml.a and cygwin only
> delivers libxml2.la and libxml2.dll.a (bug?)

It's not a bug.  The package offered is version 2 of the library,
whereas your perl module is looking for the old version 1, which is
deprecated and should not be used unless the program has not been
updated.

> C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (1392): *** unable to remap C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll to same address
> as parent(0x10A0000) != 0x10B0000

This is usually fixed by a rebase.

> ReBaseImage (/usr/bin/cyggconf-2-4.dll) failed with last error = 6
> 
> Huh? Now I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Re-read the rebaseall readme.  You have some cygwin program or service
running which means rebase cannot write to that .dll.  You must close
all running cygwin programs and run the command from a plain command
prompt (bash prompt from cmd.exe, not rxvt or xterm.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/