Subject: Some assistance with pkg-config
From: Ney André de Mello Zunino <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:39:11 -0300

Hello.

I am having trouble getting pkg-config to find the .pc file for the 
gtkmm-2.4 library. What I don't understand is why it is being able to 
find other libs such as libglade-2.0, since I am setting the 
PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable the same way for both:

libglade-2.0.pc resides in /cygdrive/c/GTK/lib/pkgconfig
gtkmm-2.4.pc resides in /cygdrive/c/GTKmm/lib/pkgconfig

Thus, I set the variable like this:

export 
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/cygdrive/c/GTK/lib/pkgconfig:/cygdrive/c/GTKmm/lib/pkgconfig

When I run the command 'pkg-config libglade-2.0 --modversion', I get: 
'2.4.0'.

However, when I run 'pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --modversion', I get the 
following error message:

   Package gtkmm-2.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
   Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtkmm-2.4.pc'
   to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
   No package 'gtkmm-2.4' found

It tells me the directory containing the file 'gtkmm-2.4.pc' is not in 
the path, but it is. What am I missing? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,

-- 
Ney André de Mello Zunino

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/