Subject: Re: Reinstall: Choice: DON'T install X - quirks in postinstall
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Hannu E K Nevalainen <[email-masked]>
Cc: ML Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:50:37 +0100

Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:

>>>Googling seems to show up the *inverse* problem; i.e. *not* running
>>>the postinstall scripts when actually asked to:
>>
>>http://www.google.com/search?q=site:cygwin.com+inurl:2004+postinst
>>all+gtk2-x11.sh&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&start=0&sa=N
>>
>>You also saw my reply:
>>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-07/msg00030.html
> 
> Which I still can't see how it is related to my problem... ??

This has of course nothing to do with your setup problem, however you
posted this link to a bug report where a user reported that it fails to
run the postinstall script of one of my packages.  I'm not sure why you
posted this at all, the lack of a feature in setup and a bug in a
postinstall script are not related at all since a failing postinstall
script has nothing to do with features or missing features in setup.

I just replied to note that this bug was already fixed.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/