Subject: Re: Need help compiling gaim-1.0.2
From: "Doug Poland" <[email-masked]>
To: "Reid Thompson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:50:33 -0600 (CST)

> Doug Poland wrote:
>
>>checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... gnome-config: not found
>>gnome-config: not found
>>no
>>*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
>>*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
>>*** config.log for the exact error that occured. This usually
>>*** means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
>>configure: error:
>>*** GTK+ 2.0 is required to build Gaim; please make sure you
>>*** have the GTK+ development headers installed. The latest
>>*** version of GTK+ is always available at http://www.gtk.org/.
>>
>>
> gnome-config: not found is a big hint.
>
Indeed

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-10/msg00226.html
>
Thanks for the pointer.  I read this thread but am not quite sure what
the solution is.   I ran the command:

  host$ cygcheck -c gtk2-x11

Presumably, that verifies that I do have the necessary package
installed.  In fact, my system returns:

  Cygwin Package Information
  Package              Version        Status
  gtk2-x11             2.4.11-1       OK

So I have GTK 2.0 package installed.  The OP goes on to ask how to
correctly set his pkg-config path, the response being:

  $ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
  /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig

So I

  host$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig

and try configure again but get the same result as before.  Is there
more to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH that I need?  Is there documentation
somewhere that will tell me what I should set it to?

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

-- 
Regards,
Doug

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/