Subject: Strange max. mapping address for mmap() with MAP_FIXED
From: Martin Corino <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:12:59 +0100

Hi,

Is there any reason why the maximum address value I can use for mapping 
shared memory is 0x9ff0000. 
If I go beyond that (f.i. 0xa000000) I get "Value too large for defined data type".

I call "mmap(<address>, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED|MAP_FIXED, <filehandle>, 0)".

I'm using the latest release of Cygwin supplemented with the snapshot of 
Oct. 26 (cygcheck output attached).

regards,
Martin.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Martin J.N. Corino | Remedy IT Expertise BV
            Leeghwaterstraat 25 | 2811 DT HP Reeuwijk| The Netherlands
                     tel: +31 (182) 39 33 39 | fax: +31 (182) 39 59 35
                                  World Wide Web: http://www.remedy.nl
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/