Subject: Re: httpd-2.0.52 (Apache2) testers wanted / maintainer searched
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 00:04:31 +0100

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

 > There is still some work to do, i.e. figure out what to change in the
 > /usr/sbin/apxs script to use it e.g. to build PHP or other modules.
 >
 > Anyway, finally I have a package ready and the webserver seems to run,
 > CGI was also working, at least at my XP notebook where I tested it,
 > though CGI doesn't work for me if the file_cache module is loaded.
 >
 > See also the httpd.README in usr/doc/Cygwin for some infos.

 From the README:

BEWARE
======
Libraries from the apr and apr-util packages will be overwritten if you
extract this package from the root.  It may work with the apr and the
apr-util packages available via the netrelease, I have not tested this,
...

To avoid problems with already installed apr and apr-utils packages the
tarball was repackaged:  the binary package, webserver parts and apr &
apr-util are separated as well as the devel stuff (libhttpd import
library and all the headers) in httpd-devel:

Webserver (including docs):
http://194.95.224.180/apache2/httpd-2.0.52-1.tar.bz2

Runtime (should not be needed if you have apr & apr-util already
installed):
http://194.95.224.180/apache2/apr-2.0.52-1.tar.bz2
http://194.95.224.180/apache2/apr-util-2.0.52-1.tar.bz2

Devel stuff (not needed to run the webserver):
http://194.95.224.180/apache2/httpd-devel-2.0.52-1.tar.bz2

Patchfile:
http://194.95.224.180/apache2/httpd-2.0.52-1.patch.bz2

Buildscript:
http://194.95.224.180/apache2/httpd-2.0.52-1.sh

Original sources are available at: http://httpd.apache.org/

Have it running now at my home box:

http://194.95.224.180/server-info/
http://194.95.224.180/server-status/

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/