Subject: Re: bug in perldoc (escape characters in output)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:35:45 -0800

Elvin Peterson wrote:

> I don't get any color highlighting when I use LESS=R,
> but as I said in another post, perldoc didn't have
> highlighting to begin with.  Does anyone here get
> color in the terminal for, say, perldoc CPAN?  As it
> is, I am using man for everything except perldoc -f.

perldoc works fine, has full highlighting/bolding support but you have
to configure less to show the escape codes.  Try "export LESS=-R".  Not
just R.  There is a minus in front of it.  Just like it says in the
README.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/