Subject: Re: startup problem // no longer works // profile not called
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:54:46 -0700

Alex Vinokur wrote:

> bash-2.05b$ man bash
> Warning: cannot open configuration file /usr/share/misc/man.conf
> No manual entry for bash
> bash-2.05b$

Like I said, nothing is going to work until you fix your mounts.  I
don't know what has changed on your system but your root "/" dir is
mounted as "C:\cygwin\_download\001" which seems wrong unless your
entire cygwin subtree is under that dir and not "c:\cygwin" which makes
a lot more sense.  Replying that "it used to work" is not going to fix
anything.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/