Subject: Re: Program to "talk" to serial port?
From: Reid Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: Bruce Dobrin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:32:59 -0400

Bruce Dobrin wrote:

>I got it working with very helpful suggestions from list people last
>week.  You need to unpack on a linux box and change every reference to
>reserve word "aux"  to something else,  next comment out the tweak the
>code to disable the root checking,  like this:
>
>  
>
You can avoid having to alter the source code, other than the 'aux' 
references by:
copying the /etc/passwd entry related to your login and changing the 
username to 'root' ala

rthompso:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:500:513:U-xxxxxxxxxx\Administrator,S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-500:/home/rthompso:/bin/bash 
root:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:0:513:U-xxxxxxxxxx\Administrator,S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-500:/home/rthompso:/bin/bash

then, from the cygwin prompt, login as root, the passwd will be the same 
for both entries.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/