Subject: Re: Cygwin GMP 4.1.4-3 does not work correctly
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Angelo Graziosi (D. Zanello)" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 03:24:27 +0200

Hi Angelo,

> in this case the bits precision is always a multiple of 30
> (this is strange: one expect a multiple of a power of 2!)
> --------------------------------------------

4.1.3 and 4.1.4 were configured / compiled with the option:
   --enable-nails
Could you please compile your version with-nails and see if it is
'broken' in your version too then?

What is the option '--enable-nails' supposed to do?

Here is the docu: http://swox.com/gmp/manual/Low-level-Functions.html

[...]
At the mpn level, a nail build is neither source nor binary compatible 
with a non-nail build, strictly speaking. But programs acting on limbs 
only through the mpn functions are likely to work equally well with 
either build, and judicious use of the definitions below should make any 
program compatible with either build, at the source level.

For the higher level routines, meaning mpz etc, a nail build should be 
fully source and binary compatible with a non-nail build.
[...]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/