Subject: Re: Ping: Cygwin libtool / assembler problem with -DPIC
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:41:30 +0200

Charles Wilson wrote:

> That's a gmp bug, not a libtool bug.

And I don't think so.  IMO all assembler code cannot be compiled on
Cygwin when you use -DPIC to compile it.  If libtool is used as it is
now, the compilation will fail, so libntool should care about this and
don't use this flag in case platform is Cygwin and compiling assembler
code.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/