Subject: Re: other services ok, ftp not (was 1.5.11 - tcp problems)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:51:34 -0700

Carlo Florendo wrote:

> >Correction: add "-lws2_32" to the gcc options.
>
> Oh, thank you.  I've actually done it and my previous post actually
> shows the output of the executable compiled with
> 
> gcc -mno-cygwin -lws2_32  getservbyname-mingw.c
> 
> There's something definitely wrong here.  I know that doing the compile
> should work.

The order that you specify the options matters.  Put the "-lws2_32"
after the .c filename argument.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/