Subject: Re: Setup failure: mount error
From: luke <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dave Korn <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:50:50 +1000

luke wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:

> That's what I thought.  My problem was in trusting the Registry's search 
> command.

Actually, the search is relative to whatever key you have selected.
So, to search the whole registry you have to select the root.

> Unfortunately, it's still failing.
> 
> Are there any other places in the registry that Cygwin data is kept?

At the moment, it looks like I'm going to have to scrub Windows and 
re-install it.

I suppose before that, I can try installing from our stable mirror.
Perhaps the Cygwin on the mirror site is badly buggy (despite all MD5
checksums being correct).

> Right now I'll try again, this time deleting both known keys, deleting 
> all the download files, deleting the 300kb of installed Cygwin files,
> rebooting, and starting again.

That didn't work, either.  Same alert panel titled "mount" that says: 
"The operation completed successfully."

This happens at the 99% Cygwin Setup stage, Downloading.  Progress bars look
to be about 80% for "Progress:", 99 or 100% for "Total:", and about 5%
for "Disk:".

luke

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/