Subject: Re: libtool bug
From: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:24:05 -0400

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Evidently, this fails, because  libguile.dll.a lives in
> /home/Hanwen/src/guile-1.7.1/libguile/.libs; however,
> running GCC with
> 
>   -L/home/Hanwen/src/guile-1.7.1/libguile/.libs -lguile
> 
> does work, so libtool is incorrectly translating the commandline.
> I take that I don't need to run GCC with  -Wl,verbose  ? 
> 

/home/Hanwen/src/guile-1.7.1/libguile/.libs
/home/Hanwen/src/guile-1.7.1/libguile-ltdl/.libs

Hmmm...it appears the real problem is the renaming of the source 
directory, from libguile to libguile-ltdl.  I've seen libtool do that 
sort of thing for single .c files (creating new versions of foo.c as 
.libs/foo-ltdl.c, etc.  It does this when compiling different versions 
of the same file with different AM_CFLAGS) but I have NEVER, EVER seen 
it rename a directory.

This smells like a Makefile.am bug, or an automake bug, actually...

Where is this -ltdl coming from?  (If it's a typo in transcribing the 
original terminal display into your email, then PLEASE clarify that or 
we'll be going in circles).

--
Chuck

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/