Subject: libtool / assembler problem with -DPIC
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:22:40 +0200

Hello,

With GNU as PIC is not an noop, when -DPIC is used to invoke gas the
generated assembly is broken.  I saw this problem with a
reautoconfiscated version of GMP.  This may be unusual, but there was
libtool used to invoke gas.

While -DPIC is a noop for usual compilation, it is harmful when used
as gas flag to compile assembly, I suggest to remove it entirely when
target is cygwin. Change would be in libtool.m4 line 4971 ff in
libtool-1.5.10.

Alternative: don't pass flag through when gas is called.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/