Subject: Building plugin that is used from multiple executables
From: Maarten Boekhold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:13:31 +0400

Hi,

Suppose I have a plugin library that contains calls that reside in the
executable that dlopen()'s that plugin. You can link such a plugin by
using a .def file that contains something like:

IMPORTS
symbol = executable.exe.symbol

Now if I need to be able to use the *same* plugin from *two*
executables, how do I resolve that??? Can I use a .def file that
contains:

IMPORTS
symbol = executable_1.exe.symbol
symbol = executable_2.exe.symbol

My gut feeling says 'no', but hope against hope...

Maarten

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/