Subject: Re: (De)activating network connection
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:59:42 -0700

Thiers Botelho wrote:

> I wish to use some command within a script to activate / deactivate an
> Ethernet connection.
> 
> In WinXP this would normally be done thru Settings / Network Connections /
> Local Connection / right-click .
> 
> I found _rasdial.exe_ but it seems to deal only with dial-up connections.
> 
> There's got to be some simple cmdline on/off switch somewhere (hope that
> won't be regedit . . .)

Starting with XP Microsoft realized that it sure would be nice to be
able to set networking parameters (interfaces, addresses, routing, etc)
from the command line or scripts.  [Gee, what an idea, huh?  Took them
long enough to think of that.]

Try the following or something like it:
netsh int set interface "Local Area Connection" admin=ENABLED

Replace ENABLED with DISABLED as appropriate.  I'm not entirely sure of
the syntax but you can just run netsh and play around with ? and help to
get it down.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/