Subject: Re: Compiling LAM MPI results in undefined reference
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 06:26:16 -0700

Siegmar Gross wrote:

> I tried to compile lam-mpi-7.1.1 on the latest Cygwin release and
> failed. 
> ...
> gcc -O3 -fexceptions -fexceptions -o lamgrow.exe lamgrow.o
> ../../share/liblam/.libs/liblam.a ../../share/libltdl/.libs/libltdlc.a
> ../../share/liblam/.libs/liblam.a(ssi_boot_slurm.o)(.text+0x3c8):ssi_boot_slurm.
> c: undefined reference to `_inet_ntop'

inet_ntop() is an IPv6 networking function.  Cygwin does not support
IPv6 yet.  Check for something you can #undef to disable IPv6 in the
app, or check the IPv6 configure tests.  You could also grep for
inet_ntop() in the source and see if it's guarded by any #ifdefs - if
not it assumes IPv6 support which is not present, and you'll have to
adapt it accordingly.

(Disclaimer: I have no idea what "lam-mpi" is or does.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/