Subject: Re: Weird bug with cp -f
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 06:23:00 -0700

Dave Miles wrote:

>   Administrator@stack01 /cygdrive/c
>   $ cp cyg.out cyg.out.0
>   cp: cannot stat `cyg.out': No such file or directory

>   Administrator@stack01 /cygdrive/c
>   $ cp cyg.out cyg.out.0
>   cp: writing `cyg.out.0': Invalid request code

My guess is that your permissions on the C: root include some weird
ACLs.  Post the output of "xcacls c:/" and for any other directory or
location that the problem occurs, and for a location where it works
fine.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/