Subject: Re: Request for a version/ revision/ release number for the whole Cygwin release/ distribution
From: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:05:06 -0400

Peter A. Castro wrote:

> to keep up with the flow.  Yes, it may be a little painful if you haven't
> refreshed in a while (say, from the "b20" days :), but you will have

Ah.  Cygwin B20.1.  Man, those were the days.  Cygwin was practically 
perfect in every way, bugfree, and featureful.  It even made coffee!

I miss B20. <sniff>

'Course, apparently the guy who started this thread misses B20 too -- 
those were the days of a single monolithic cygwin release with a single 
version number.  If it wasn't in the full.exe installer, it wasn't 
available (not that you'd want anything else once you tasted your first 
cup of B20 coffee!) -- unless you went to disreputable third party sites 
like cygutils.  :-)

(Speaking of cygutils, Peter, be sure to read the private email I just 
sent you)

--
Chuck

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~cwilson/cygutils/OBSOLETE/index.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/