Subject: Re: libtool convenience libs problem
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Reini Urban <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:44:45 +0200

Hi Reini,

> So do I have to rebuild flex just to support a dynamic lib, which uses
> some parser generator support?

2000-01-19  Thomas Tanner  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * ltmain.in: rewrite of the ILD code, merge linking code for
          programs, libraries and objects, allow linking of shared libraries
          against static libraries/objects on platforms that support it
          but print a warning, fix some typos

It was already implemented in libtool.

If all fails, try to set pass_all at the right place so this check is
'skipped': if test "$deplibs_check_method" != pass_all; then
                  ...don't link...
           else
                  ...link...

The only reason I see why it is not or just partially supported by
libtool is that it doesn't work on platforms where is a real difference
between PIC and nonPIC code.

THere is also a thread n the archives where Charles explains why the
pass_all flag is not default for Cygwin.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/